Nearly 100 individuals volunteered with Met Council on Monday, January 18th in celebration of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service. These energetic and dedicated volunteers ranged from families, to college sororities, to retired veterans, and their hard work helped Met Council create East 46th Street’s new outdoor greenhouse to create a sustainable and welcoming community garden. Over the course of the day, volunteers:
– built, painted, and treated 8 shelving units
– created 25 stained glass decorations and wind-chimes
– made 1 grand-opening banner
– made 12 thermal containers
– decorated 40 pots
– planted over 20 varieties of flower and vegetable seeds
At the end of the day, many residents came out to thank volunteers for the incredible difference they saw in their outdoor area. Thank you to our amazing volunteers for making this day such a success!!!